- Flettner Rotor Wind Engine Control
- Power Management System PMS
- Ship Alarm Monitoring System
- Valve Remote Control System
- Tank Gauging System
- Load Bank Container
- Boiler Control System
- Cargo Oil Tank Manifold Pressure
- Water Ingress Alarm System
- Dewatering System
- Engine Remote Control System
- IBS Integrated Bridge System
- Atmospheric Oil Mist Detection
- Anemometer Recorder
- Voyage Data Recorder VDR
- Bridge Alarm System
- Dead Man Alarm System
- Bunker High Level Alarm System
- Water In Oil Monitoring
- Boiler Water Quality Monitoring
- Bridge Data Collection System
- Ship Energy Efficiency VFD
Flettner Rotor Wind Engine Control// MV Afros The World’s First Wind Powered Rotor Bulk Carrier
SELMA is proud to have successfully designed and developed the Intelligent Automatic Control System and Software Algorithms based on Variable Frequency Drive Switchboards for ANEMOI Flettner Rotor System.
ANEMOI Flettner Rotor System is operating on board the world’s first “Wind Powered Rotor Bulk Carrier” MV Afros built in 2018.
The Flettner rotors take advantage of the Magnus aerodynamic effect through their rotation.
The vertical cylinders (Fleet rotors) are installed on the deck of the ship and are rotated by electric motors. Through their rotation in the air flow, the aerodynamic Magnus effect is created. The result is that the Flettner rotors literally function as “mechanical sails”, thus assisting the propulsion of the ship.
For more information on SELMA Flettner Rotor Wind Engine Control contact SELMA.