- SHaPoLi Shaft Power Limitation
- Flettner Rotor Wind Engine Control
- BWTS Valve Remote Control
- Anemometer Recorder CCR
- Cargo Oil Tank Manifold Pressure
- Ship Alarm Monitoring System
- Boiler Control System
- Boiler Water Quality Monitoring
- Water In Oil Detection Monitoring
- Water Ingress Alarm System
- Dewatering System
- Tank Gauging System
- Engine Remote Control System
- Atmospheric Oil Mist Detection
- BNWAS Bridge Alarm System
- Dead Man Alarm System
- VDR Voyage Data Recorder
- PMS Power Management System
- Load Bank Container System
- Bridge Data Collection System
- IBS Integrated Bridge System
- Bunker High Level Alarm System
- Ship Energy Efficiency VFD
- Ship Data Collection
Flettner Rotor Wind Engine Control// MV Afros The World’s First Wind Powered Rotor Bulk Carrier
SELMA is proud to have successfully designed and developed the Intelligent Automatic Control System and Software Algorithms based on Variable Frequency Drive Switchboards for ANEMOI Flettner Rotor System.
ANEMOI Flettner Rotor System is operating on board the world’s first “Wind Powered Rotor Bulk Carrier” MV Afros built in 2018.
The Flettner rotors take advantage of the Magnus aerodynamic effect through their rotation.
The vertical cylinders (Fleet rotors) are installed on the deck of the ship and are rotated by electric motors. Through their rotation in the air flow, the aerodynamic Magnus effect is created. The result is that the Flettner rotors literally function as “mechanical sails”, thus assisting the propulsion of the ship.
For more information on SELMA Flettner Rotor Wind Engine Control contact SELMA.