- SHaPoLi Shaft Power Limitation
- Flettner Rotor Wind Engine Control
- BWTS Valve Remote Control
- Anemometer Recorder CCR
- Cargo Oil Tank Manifold Pressure
- Ship Alarm Monitoring System
- Boiler Control System
- Boiler Water Quality Monitoring
- Water In Oil Detection Monitoring
- Water Ingress Alarm System
- Dewatering System
- Tank Gauging System
- Engine Remote Control System
- Atmospheric Oil Mist Detection
- BNWAS Bridge Alarm System
- Dead Man Alarm System
- VDR Voyage Data Recorder
- PMS Power Management System
- Load Bank Container System
- Bridge Data Collection System
- IBS Integrated Bridge System
- Bunker High Level Alarm System
- Ship Energy Efficiency VFD
- Ship Data Collection
SEEMS Ship Energy Efficiency Monitoring System// MRV Monitoring Reporting Verification System
SEEMS Ship Energy Efficiency Monitoring is based on Coriolis Flow Meters as the most accurate method to measure the Fuel Consumption on any type of ship and implement Performance Monitoring.
Regulation (EU) 2015/757 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2015 on the monitoring, reporting and verification of carbon dioxide emissions from maritime transport, and amending Directive 2009/16/EC (Text with EEA relevance)
SEEMS is an intuitive, intelligent, fully integrated system providing overall vessel’s performance monitoring, and allowing operators to make targeted decisions to better manage and increase their fleet’s performance, resulting to increased profits, optimal vessel performance and lower environmental footprint.
SEEMS has a modular and flexible architecture, and can be seamlessly integrated in new buildings, as well as retrofitted to existed vessels, customized to each vessel’s and owner’s specific demands, providing the same performance characteristics and options in both cases. The system can be integrated in all kind of vessels, both tanker and cargo vessels.
Because of its flexible and modular backbone architecture, SEEMS covers a wide range of demands. Even with the basic configuration, the system is fully scalable and can be expanded later if new needs arise, with reduced costs and setup time. All the system’s components are top of the line, marine approved equipment, ensuring long lasting quality after installation.
The main advantage of SELMA SEEMS is that it implements vital performance and optimization parameters readily available both to the crew as well as the company’s headquarters.
By providing all these data in a meaningful and informative way to the vessel’s crew, targeted and informed actions can be taken in real time, leading to better results fast, rather than having the performance data made available to the crew only later as a report (usually after a significant amount of time), after having the monitored data processed at the headquarters and reported back to the vessel.
SEEMS Data Acquisition Modules (Ship Data Collection)
The other SEMMS modules are responsible for collecting and processing all the measured signals from their respective spaces. The core of each DAQ module is its Main Processing Unit, installed in its dedicated control panel. Each module consists of a combined sensor and communication system for collecting and measuring all the relevant data, and driving them to the MPU. There are two different modes available for acquiring the required data:
- By installing new sensors at the relevant locations
- By using the existing infrastructure, via communication port outputs available by each maker their systems
As SELMA SEEMS architecture is fully flexible, by treating each vessel as a unique and independent case, SELMA is able to design and offer the most cost effective and reliable solution by selecting the optimal configuration and architecture each time. If available, the most cost effective and time saving approach, is utilizing data provided via communication ports provided by existing systems.
Each DAQ (Data Acquisition) Module is configurable per vessel, and the owner can choose which of its features wishes to enable. The available choices vary from the basic configuration, offering the standard functionality of acquiring performance data, to a full scale performance monitoring system, offering deep insight into vessel’s overall performance. From the detailed functions listed for each module below, both standard and optional components are noted.
SEEMS Basic System Architecture & Modules Analysis
SEEMS Basic System configuration provides the basic functionality required for vessel monitoring application, regarding its performance, emissions and operational status. SEEMS Basic version architecture is divided in four intelligent modules and their respective subsystems, whose combination constitutes the system’s architecture. A breakdown of the system components follows bellow:
SEEMS Engine Room Module Functions (Ship Data Collection)
- M/E & Propulsion Monitoring (Measured Parameters & Points)
- M/E Fuel Oil Supply Line Flow Meter
- M/E Fuel Oil Return Line Flow Meter
- M/E Power Meter (RPM, Power, Torque)
- D/G & Power Generation Monitoring (Measured Parameters & Points)
- D/G H.F.O. Inlet Flow Meter
- D/G H.F.O. Outlet Flow Meter
- D/G Power Meters (V, A, kW, Hz, kWh, pf, Power Quality, THD, etc.)
- Auxiliary Boilers, EGB & Steam generating Performance monitoring
- Boiler F.O. Supply Flow Meter
- Boiler Run/Stop Condition
- Steam pressure
- Steam flow
- Hull Monitoring
- Draught Level (FWD, Mid (P), Mid (S), AFT)
- Trim & List
SEEMS Wheelhouse Navigation Data Module (Ship Data Collection)
SEEMS Wheelhouse Navigation Data Module is responsible for collecting and processing all the measured signals and navigational data from the W/H. Its MPU control panel is installed in the W/H.
- Navigational Data (NMEA Signals)
- DGPS (GLL, VTG, ZDA, GGA)
- Anemometer (MWV)
- Doppler Speed Log (VBW)
- Echo Sounder (DPT)
- Gyro Compass (HDT, ROT)
- Auto Pilot (RSA)
- ECDIS (WPL – option if available)
The basic factors to measure Efficiency is based on the following aspects:
- Owner Desired Accuracy/Detailed Measurement
- Type of Bunker Flow Meters Selection (Coriolis Type)
- Related with Number of Flow Meters Selection
- Position of Bunker Flow Meters (M/E & Generators)
- Processing of Fuel Consumption related with Ship Speed/Position
- Real Time Instrumentation Tool Selection
- Ship Data Collection (Interface/Processing)
- Ship Data Display (Real Time)
- Ship Data Recording (Historical Data Log)
- Ship Data Distribution (Email Noon Report)
For more information on SELMA SEEMS Ship Energy Efficiency Monitoring System and a quotation contact SELMA.